What Personal Information About Customers Does Living Waters Book & Toy Inc Collect?We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.Here are the types of personal information we collect:
- Information You Give Us. We receive and store any information you provide in relation to Living Waters.
- Automatic Information. We automatically collect and store certain types of information about your use of Living Waters, including information about your interaction with content and services available through Living Waters’ website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers, and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses our site and other content served by or on behalf of Living Waters on other websites.
- Information from Other Sources. We might receive information about you from other sources, such as updated delivery and address information from our carriers, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase more easily.
For What Purposes Does Living Waters Use Your Personal Information?We use your personal information to operate, provide, develop, and improve the products and services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Living Waters’ Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyze performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of our website.
- Flyers, Catalogues & Printed Mail. Living Waters sends out supplemental catalogues throughout the year along with an annual catalogue. Depending on your profile settings, you may received periodic emails, sales flyers and other advertisements from Living Waters Book & Toy Inc.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Living Waters.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Living Waters via different channels (e.g., by phone, email).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for features, products, and services that might be of interest to you. We do not use information that personally identifies you to display interest-based ads.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We use personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Living Waters, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Conducting research and diagnostics to improve Living Waters content, products, and services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Reporting. This allows us to measure and analyze the performance of our services.
Does Living Waters Share Your Personal Information?Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. We share customers’ personal information only as described below and with subsidiaries Living Waters Book & Toy Inc. Living Waters Christian Bookstore Inc and Living Waters America LLC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Transactions involving Third Parties. We make available to you services, products, applications, or skills provided by third parties for use on or through Living Waters. For example, you can order products from third parties through our stores. We also offer services or sell product lines jointly with third-party businesses, such as Amazon.com and such like. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customers’ personal information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers. As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Living Waters Book & Toy Inc. sells part or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Living Waters and Others. We disclose account and other personal information when we believe disclosing is appropriate to comply with the law; and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Living Waters, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How Secure Is Information About Me?We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Advertising?
- Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites. Living Waters may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third-party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
What Information Can I Access?You can access your information, including your name, address, payment options, profile information, and purchase history in the Your Account section of the website.
What Choices Do I Have?If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our Living Waters also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.
- As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Living Waters services.
- You will also be able to opt out of certain other types of data usage by updating your settings on the applicable Living Waters website (e.g., in “Manage Your Content and Devices”), device, or application. Most non-Living Waters devices also provide users with the ability to change device permissions (e.g., disable/access location services, contacts). For most devices, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to change your device permissions on devices manufactured by third parties, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer. If you are an author, you can add or update the information you have provided in the Author Portal and by accessing your accounts in the Author Portal. In addition, to the extent required by applicable law, you may have the right to request access to or correction of your personal data.
- If you wish to do any of these things, please contact Customer Service. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Are Children Allowed to Use Living Waters?Living Waters does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Living Waters only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Examples of Information CollectedInformation You Give Us When You Use Living WatersYou provide information to us when you:
- search or shop for products or services in our stores;
- add or remove an item from your cart, or place an order through or use Living Waters;
- provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one email address or mobile number when shopping with us)
- configure your settings on, provide data access permissions for, or interact with an Living Waters device or service;
- offer your products or services on or through Living Waters;
- communicate with us by phone, email, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire;
- identifying information such as your name, address, and phone numbers;
- payment information;
- your age;
- your location information;
- your IP address;
- people, addresses and phone numbers listed in your Addresses;
- email addresses of your friends and other people;
- content of reviews and emails to us;
- the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet;
- login, email address, and password;
- the location of your device or computer;
- Living Waters metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences and backup information, location of your device running an application, information about uploaded images and files such as the file name, dates, times and location of your images);
- version and time zone settings;
- the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our websites, including date and time; products and content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse overs);
- phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
- updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily;
- account information, purchase or redemption information, and page-view information from some merchants with which we operate co-branded businesses or for which we provide technical, fulfillment, advertising, or other services;
- information about your interactions with products and services offered by our subsidiaries;
- search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links);
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, and address book);
- recommendations and the products you recently viewed that are the basis for recommendations (including Recommended for You and Improve Your Recommendations);
- content that you recently viewed